Best things about winter on the houseboat:
- I now have a freezer AND a fridge. ie: a tupperware bin outside and a cooler indoors with some snow in it.
- I can get home easily even when it’s windy.
- Sunrises like this.
- I can hang stuff up and it doesn’t clang around, and I don’t have to worry about it falling off the counter when a big wave goes by.
- I don’t have to paddle a jug of pee over to the island every morning (sounds gross because it is. you get used to it though.)
- having friends ski over for tea.
- no bugs. not that there are too many in the summer, but still.
and the #1 best thing about winter:
I must write more about this fantastic sport someday, but for now, let it suffice to say that it is the best thing about winter and helps me keep it together when the dark months take over. Also, I really wish that were an animated gif. (I am now determined to make that happen this winter)